Central Otago Scheme meeting - 14 February
16 Feb 2018 - COWA
Venue: the Cellar Door, 143 Centennial Ave, Alexandra
1. Feedback on questions sent to Land & Water Forum by the new government
Discussion session – The Hon David Parker and Hon Damien O'Connor have asked if the Forum can provide the Government with advice by the end of May on a number of discrete areas, but specifically:
• More detailed consideration on the Government's priority of avoiding further degradation of water quality, in particular on interim limits and other measures to 'hold the line'; whether there is a consensus view on how best to allocate nutrient and sediment loads by catchment while recognising fairness between existing capital investment and underdeveloped land, and meeting bottom lines, and how this can be implemented without having the same underlying debate in each region.
Further information to be circulated post the Land & Water Forum meeting on the 9th February.
2. Feedback on the review of INZ’s vision for irrigation in 2023 and its role in achieving this
Discussion session - What do Central Otago schemes want from INZ?
3. Feedback on INZ’s public communication strategy
4. National Good Farming Practice update
Document to be circulated post governance group meeting in Wellington on the 8th of February.
5. Conference 2018 update
Programme and irrigation scheme discount package.
Andrew Curtis, Chief Executive, Irrigation New Zealand
Lincoln Research Centre, PO Box 69119, Lincoln, CHRISTCHURCH 7640
Phone: 03 341 2225 | Mobile 027 496 6314
Email: email@example.com | Web: www.irrigationnz.co.nz