Introducing the Wine Industry - Thursday 28 May
26 May 2015 - COWA
Ever dreamed of spending long days in the fresh air, working amoungst the breath-taking landscapes of Central Otago? Ever fancied making your own wine? Are you a wine lover who could share your passion with others?
Attend this workshop to learn about the range of roles, qualifications and opportunities available in today’s wine industry. There will also be visits to a vineyard and a winery to see the roles in action.
Date: Thursday 28 May
Time: 3 – 6pm
Venue: Room 13, Bannockburn Campus of the Otago Polytech, Bannockburn Road, Cromwell
Enquiries/registrations to: Natalie Wilson, t: 021 104 2513 or email@example.com
3 – 4.45pm - Presentations
• Robin Dicey, Mt Difficulty Vineyard – overview of the Central Otago Wine Industry
• Jen Parr, Valli Vineyard – overview of being a Winemaker
• Len Ibbotson, Terra Sancta – overview of being a Viticulturist
• Alison Vidoni, Peregrine – overview of being a Sales Manager
• Roger Gibson, Otago Polytech – Otago Polytech courses
• Glen Creasy, Lincoln University – Lincoln courses
• Dr Damien Mather, Otago University – Otago University courses
4.45pm – 6pm – Field visit to Mt Difficulty winery and a local vineyard.